LoVasco provides business advisory services for mid-sized employers in the following areas: Employee Benefits, Retirement Plan Consulting, and Executive Benefits. We’re an energetic, growing company that values our commitment to taking care of people. Located in downtown Detroit, we hire dedicated professionals who deliver the highest degree of expertise and service to our clients. LoVasco offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Office Manager is an integral part of the Operations team at LoVasco. The Operations team oversees Human Resources, Finance, Technology, Compliance, and Administrative Support. We are searching for an experienced, administrative professional who has knowledge of or is interested in learning about our industry. This individual is responsible for owning and managing the daily office activities which include: guest and team member services, administrative, technical, and human resources support. The ideal person is a self-starter, strong communicator, and problem solver who is confident and capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment. This role requires strong multitasking and decision-making abilities. The hours for this role will be M-F/9-4pm and consist of a hybrid environment of in-office and remote work. Medical, dental, and vision benefits are offered along with paid parking.
Human Resources Support
- Plan and coordinate all team events for LoVasco
- Provide recruiting support including but not limited to coordinating and scheduling interviews, posting jobs online, and managing applicant-tracking system
- Coordinate onboarding process for new hires
- Additional projects as needed
Guest & Team Member Services
- Responsible for all office administrative and support operations including greeting/registering guests, answering/relaying phone calls, maintaining overall office tidiness, posting mail/overnight shipments, ordering & stocking office/kitchen supplies, scheduling maintenance of office equipment, and acting as primary liaison with building management
- Assist in planning, coordination, and execution of networking events
- Order and oversee office lunches and catering events
- Book travel arrangements and schedule appointments, as needed
- Provide administrative support to sales and consulting teams including presentation/policy assembly, proofreading, data entry, maintaining organized electronic files, creating and running reports, etc.
- Learn our CRM software with the expectation to manage data entry, navigation, and reporting
- Maintain, update, and oversee insurance licensing renewals
- Work with compliance to ensure all communication materials are properly filed and approved
- Serve as liaison and first point of contact with IT providers and team members for technical troubleshooting
- Become proficient in internal systems and provide basic support to team members
- Coordinate all hardware and equipment needs with our IT vendor
TOP ATTRIBUTES OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Friendly, approachable, strong work ethic. Puts clients first. Rejects complacency.
- Motivated by helping others and producing exceptional quality of work.
- Task Master; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick Learner; able to process and apply new concepts and skills quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to anticipate, initiate, and follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Logical thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor both in-person, virtually, and on the phone.
- Naturally interacts with others in a positive manner; a strong team player.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with sales and consulting teams.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum 3 years of experience with office management, human resources, or administrative work
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Technologically savvy
KNOWLEDGE DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional office management
- Experience working with Asana and/or Box
- Previous employment at an insurance agency, HR & benefits department, or financial services firm