LoVasco is enhancing our Executive Benefits Team and seeking an individual that is:
- A life and disability insurance professional with at least 7 years of experience in underwriting and client service.
- A motivated self-starter who is committed to excellence and putting the client first.
- Friendly and approachable, has a strong work ethic, does what is right, and rejects complacency.
- Interested in joining an organization where you can have great work-life balance, exceptional benefits, and a positive company.
If this describes you, then consider joining the LoVasco Team.
Leading companies work with LoVasco to design, implement, and coordinate comprehensive insurance, benefit, and retirement solutions. Through client advocacy and a customized consulting approach, we empower our clients to make the best decisions for their families, their employees, and their business.
Located in downtown Detroit, LoVasco hires dedicated professionals who are committed to delivering the highest degree of expertise and service to our clients. We offer competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
Key Focus Areas
- Business Continuity Planning supporting the effective transition of a business to the next generation/owner.
- Estate Planning ensuring the maximum amount of wealth is transferred to selected beneficiaries and taxes are minimized.
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans allowing executives the opportunity to defer income, above the contribution limitations placed on standard 401(k) plans, so they can accumulate greater wealth for retirement.
- Supplemental Disability Income Protection Plan providing an additional monthly benefit (in addition to their group long term disability plan) to increase their net income should they face a life changing disability.
Underwriting and Case Management
- Coordinates all communication between the client and the insurance company.
- Obtains all documentation required for the underwriting process including medical, financial, and delivery requirements.
- Evaluates medical requirements to access the risk.
- Negotiates with the insurance company to obtain the best possible offer.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the market and is able to pivot a case as needed.
- Proactively manages the process to ensure policies are issued accurately and timely.
- Prepares policies for delivery and tracks final requirements to ensure that the coverage is in-force.
- Maintains the integrity of the client database and document management files.
- Confirms receipt of commissions and maintains commission-tracking report.
- Assists with the management of in-force life, disability, and long-term care insurance policies.
- Evaluates and communicates performance details, potential issues, and options to our existing individual and corporate clients.
- In coordination with the Senior Client Service Advisor, prepares policy reviews, which may include running illustrations, evaluating funding adequacy and alternatives.
- Coordinates all aspects of policy change requests between the client and the insurance company.
- Participates in updating and running both sales and client service reports from our CRM.
- Identifies policy enhancements and new sales opportunities where appropriate.
- Exceptional project management and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to exceed client expectations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated when working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong code of professional ethics and integrity
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills
- College degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience in underwriting and client service
- Michigan Life and Health Insurance license preferred (will be required within 3 months of employment)